Tuesday, August 17, 2010

From the bottom of the deep blue Red Sea

Over the last week I have had the pleasure of getting to know some very distinguished marine creatures. I went to Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt, on the tip of the Sinai peninsula, to learn how to scuba dive. While most programs put you in a pool for the first few days, I learned in open water, which meant an eagle ray and hundreds of fish on day 1! I loved it so much I decided to go for my advanced certification, which meant 11 dives in 6 days! Over the course of the week I managed to:

- Spot an 150 year old giant green sea turtle, an eagle ray, a rare ghost pipe fish, and schools more of crazy colorful sea creatures

- Catch a glimpse of Squid and Cuttle fish on a night dive

- Chill with baby barracudas and long white shimmering eels

- Pull tar off of oil barrels from a ship wreck decades ago

While my camera couldn't come on the deeper dives (100ft.) I did get some great shots during one dive and a few snorkels...

See for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment